- Masharsky AE, Klimov NA, Kozlov AP. Molecular cloning and analysis of full-length genome of HIV type 1 strains prevalent in countries of the former Soviet Union. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2003 Oct; 19(10): 933-9.
- Aral SO, St.Lawrence JS, Dyatlov RV, Kozlov AP Commercial Sex Work, Drug Use, and Sexually Transmitted Infections in St-Petersburg, Russia. Social Science & Medicine 60 (2005) 2181-2190.
- Kozlov AP, Shaboltas AV, Toussova OV, Verevochkin SV, Masse BR, Perdue T, Beauchamp G, Sheldon W, Miller WC, Heimer R, Ryder RW, Hoffman IF. HIV incidence and factors associated with HIV acquisition among injection drug users in St Petersburg, Russia. AIDS. 2006 Apr 4;20(6):901-6.
- Shaboltas AV, Toussova OV, Hoffman IF, Heimer R, Verevochkin SV, Ryder RW, Khoshnood K, Perdue T, Masse BR, Kozlov AP. HIV prevalence, sociodemographic, and behavioral correlates and recruitment methods among injection drug users in St. Petersburg, Russia. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2006 Apr 15; 41(5):657-63.
- Nabatov AA, Masharsky AE, Verevochkin SV, Emelyanov AV, Lukashov VV, Heimer R, Ryder RW, Goudsmit J, Kozlov AP. The rate of epidemiological and virological changes during the transition from nascent to concentrated HIV epidemic stage in the former Soviet Union countries. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2007 Feb; 23(2):183-92.
- Niccolai LM, Toussova OV, Verevochkin SV, Barbour R, Heimer R, Kozlov AP. High HIV Prevalence, Suboptimal HIV Testing, and Low Knowledge of HIV-Positive Serostatus Among Injection Drug Users in St. Petersburg, Russia. AIDS Behav. 2008 Oct 9. [Epub ahead of print]
- Green TC, Grau LE, Blinnikova KN, Torban M, Krupitsky E, Ilyuk R, Kozlov A, Heimer R. Social and structural aspects of the overdose risk environment in St. Petersburg, Russia. Int J Drug Policy. 2009 May;20(3):270-6. Epub 2008 Sep 5.
- Iguchi MY, Ober AJ, Berry SH, Fain T, Heckathorn DD, Gorbach PM, Heimer R, Kozlov A, Ouellet LJ, Shoptaw S, Zule WA. Simultaneous recruitment of drug users and men who have sex with men in the United States and Russia using respondent-driven sampling: sampling methods and implications. J Urban Health. 2009 Jul;86 Suppl 1:5-31. Epub 2009 May 27.
- Niccolai LM, Shcherbakova IS, Toussova OV, Kozlov AP, Heimer R. The potential for bridging of HIV transmission in the Russian Federation: sex risk behaviors and HIV prevalence among drug users (DUs) and their non-DU sex partners. J Urban Health. 2009 Jul;86 Suppl 1:131-43. Epub 2009 Jun 9.
- Toussova O, Shcherbakova I, Volkova G, Niccolai L, Heimer R, Kozlov A. Potential bridges of heterosexual HIV transmission from drug users to the general population in St. Petersburg, Russia: is it easy to be a young female? J Urban Health. 2009 Jul;86 Suppl 1:121-30. Epub 2009 Jun 16.